Welcome to the City of Brownwood Legal Department overview page, it is my distinct pleasure to serve as the City Attorney in Brownwood, Texas. Please browse our web page and email any questions or suggestions you have regarding the City of Brownwood to our Legal Department.
It is our mission to provide effective, quality legal services to protect the interests of the City of Brownwood and the Brownwood Municipal Development District
and to help such entities accomplish their goals.
The Legal Department is a service-oriented department providing legal counsel to the City of Brownwood, the Brownwood Municipal Development District, City Manager, department directors and various boards and commissions of the City. It is not the purpose of the Legal Department to provide legal advice to private citizens.
- Drafts legal instruments such as ordinances, resolutions, contracts, and deeds
- Is the legal adviser to the City Council, Brownwood Municipal Development District, City Manager and staff, and official boards and commissions
- Processes claims filed against the City and Brownwood Municipal Development District.
- Provides oral and written opinions to the City Council, Brownwood Municipal Development District, City Manager and staff
- Represents or manages the representation of the City and the Brownwood Municipal Development District in litigation and adversary proceedings
- Serves as Prosecutor for all municipal court cases, including those involving offenses under the Texas Penal Code, the Texas Transportation Code and the City's Code of Ordinances