Many residents who have traveled outside of Texas have questions about if they should self-isolate or report their travel to the local Health Department. The Brownwood/Brown County Health Department is providing the following recommendations:
Follow the CDC’s recommendations / guidelines following travel outside the United States. These guidelines can be found at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/index.html. These recommendations are changing quickly, so refer to the website often for updated information.
- Countries shown in red will require 14 days isolation, monitoring your health and practicing social distancing.
- Countries shown in yellow, recommends travelers practice social distancing.
For travel inside the United States to the following locations, CDC recommends self-isolation for 14 days, monitoring your health, and practice social distancing:
- States with known community transmission (Currently California, Washington, New York, and Oregon)
- Colorado Counites of Eagle, Summit, Pitkin, and Gunnison
- Within the state of Texas to Dallas and Houston
CDC recommends not meeting in groups of 50 or more. No local requirements have been made as of the date of this release. Special consideration should be given for all events where persons of higher risk would attend. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/large-events/mass-gatherings-ready-for-covid-19.html
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If no soap is available use alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with your upper sleeve.
- If sick stay home from work, school or other gatherings.
- Keep sick children at home to prevent the spread of illness at schools and daycares.
- Disinfect often touched objects and surfaces.
- Know the symptom and call your doctor to discuss if you have the symptoms:
- 2-14 days after exposure
- Shortness of breath
- Updates can be found at:
Lisa Dick, Administrator
Brownwood/Brown County Health Department
510 East Lee Street, Brownwood Texas 76801
Tel 325-646-0554 Fax 325-643-3591