Residential Brush and Bulky Item Collection
Brush and Bulky Item Collection Residential (non-commercial) customers may contact the Sanitation department to request services during normal business hours 8 to 5, Monday through Friday by calling 325-643-4200, a voice message may be left after hours.
Available 24/7 for your convenience - on-line request form.
To bring up the fillable form for online submittal please click the following link: Brush and Bulky Item Pick up Request Form
The following rules apply:
- This free service is not available to: Commercial Customers, Apartments, Schools, Churches, Evictions, or Storage Units.
- City employees are not permitted to go on private property to collect these items.
- Place items at the curb or they may be placed in the alley if trash is collected from the alley.
- LEAVE WALK CLEAR FOR HANDICAPPED - place brush/debris on yard side of sidewalk. (especially on high traveled streets such as Austin and Coggin)
- Segregate items according to type; brush, bagged leaves, bagged grass, large bulky items, and metals. Mixed piles will not be collected
- Place away from mail boxes, fences, gas/water meters, cars, and low hanging wires.
Bulky Items collected by the City.
- Bed Frames (metal)*
- Brush and Tree Limbs (cut into 5 ft lengths or less, no stumps or root balls and not mixed with dirt or any other waste).*
- Dish Washers
- Electronics (TV, VCR etc...)*
- Furniture (all household furniture including beds, couch, chest of drawers, desks, entertainment centers etc.)
- Lawn mowers*
- Metal Swing Sets (must be disassembled and concrete removed from post)*
- Moving Boxes (cardboard if clean may be recycled)*
- Patio Furniture
- Pool Covers
- Space Heaters
- Toys (large)
- Washing Machines*
- Water Heaters*
Items "Not Collected" By the City
- Anything with a title of ownership (automobile chassis, motorcycles, trailers, boats, etc.)
- Any waste that is banned for disposal in a Type I Landfill.
- Appliances with refrigerant (refrigerator, freezer, air conditioner)*
- Automotive batteries*
- Construction and remodeling debris (includes carpet, plywood, bricks, rocks, aggregate, cinder block, stone, mortar, sand, sheet rock, insulation, flooring, shingles, siding, steel roofing, glass mirrors, lumber).
- Hazardous materials (paints, solvents, etc.).
- Tires (of any kind)* accepted at the recycling center for a fee
- Land clearing debris* (brush and tree limbs accepted free of charge at the recycling center if free of wire, dirt and rocks)
- Liquids (of any kind)
* denotes items accepted at recycling center