Residential Brush and Bulky Item Collection
Brush and Bulky Item Collection
Residential (non-commercial) customers may contact the Sanitation department to request services during normal business hours 8 to 5, Monday through Friday by calling 325-643-4200, a voice message may be left after hours.
Available 24/7 for your convenience - online request form.
To bring up the fillable form to submit via email, please click the following link: Brush and Bulky Item Pick up Request Form
The following rules apply:
- NO construction debris, please! (see lists of items accepted and not accepted in the next section below)
- This free service is not available to Commercial Customers, Apartments, Schools, Churches, Evictions, or Storage Units.
- City employees are not permitted to go on private property to collect these items.
- Place items at the curb or they may be placed in the alley if trash is collected from the alley.
- LEAVE WALK CLEAR FOR HANDICAPPED - place brush/debris on the yard side of the sidewalk. (especially on high-traveled streets such as Austin and Coggin)
- Segregate items according to type; brush, bagged leaves, bagged grass, large bulky items, and metals. Mixed piles will not be collected.
- Cut tree limbs into lengths of five feet or less.
- Place away from mailboxes, fences, gas/water meters, cars, and low-hanging wires.
Collections are completed with a boom truck, as seen in the video above, which has a crane that lifts items into the bed of the truck. The debris for collection must be clear of all obstacles, such as fences, gas meters, mailboxes, low-hanging wires, etc...
Bulky Items Collected by the City:
- Appliances (refrigerator, stove, washer, dryer, etc...)
- Bed Frames (metal)*
- Brush and Tree Limbs (cut into 5 ft lengths or less, no root balls, and not mixed with dirt or other waste).*
- Dish Washers
- Electronics (TV, VCR, etc...)
- Furniture (all household furniture including beds, couches, chest of drawers, desks, entertainment centers, etc.)
- Lawn mowers*
- Metal Swing Sets (must be disassembled and concrete removed from the post)*
- Moving Boxes (cardboard if clean may be recycled)*
- Patio Furniture
- Pool Covers
- Space Heaters
- Toys (large)
- Washing Machines*
- Water Heaters*
* denotes items accepted at the recycling center
Items "Not Collected" By the City
- Anything with a title of ownership (automobile chassis, motorcycles, trailers, boats, etc.)
- Any waste that is banned for disposal in a Type I Landfill.
- Automotive batteries*
- Brick, tile, stone, and concrete blocks
- Construction and remodeling debris (includes carpet, plywood, bricks, rocks, aggregate, cinder block, stone, mortar, sand, sheetrock, insulation, flooring, shingles, siding, steel roofing, glass mirrors, and lumber).
- Hazardous materials (paints, solvents, etc.).
- Tires (of any kind). * Tires are accepted at the recycling center for a fee.
- Land clearing debris* (brush and tree limbs accepted free of charge at the recycling center if free of wire, dirt, and rocks)
- Liquids (of any kind)