Police and Fire Job Listings

How to Apply

Download a Civil Service Application (below) to complete and bring it or mail it to City Hall at 501 Center Avenue, Brownwood, TX 76801. Or you may fax them in to the Human Resources Department at 325-643-3749. 

Civil Service Jobs Information

The City of Brownwood Police Department and City of Brownwood Fire Department are Civil Service, as designated by Title 5, Chapter 143 of The State of Texas Local Government Code.

Notice that Civil Service Application must be filled out when applying for a City of Brownwood Police Officer or Fire Fighter position. Applications are only accepted after a Notice of Exam has been posted. Communications Officers require a different application other than the General or Civil Service, the Communications Officer Application is located in the job posting for Communications Officer.

Civil Service Positions

Fire Department

Police Department

Communications Officer

  • Communications Officer Application (PDF)
  • Job Posting

Temporary Employment

Temporary Firefighter

General Employment Information