To optimally manage the City of Brownwood's finances through prudent policies and procedures, rational investing, and maintenance of financial records in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
Finance is responsible for the following duties:
- Assisting City Manager in compiling the overall City budget from department head budget proposals
- Narrating and communicating transactions in accordance with Fund accounting and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Preparing various reports for submittal to bond rating agencies to maintain a satisfactory City bond rating
- Recording of collections and disbursements of City funds in a proper, accurate and timely manner
- Reporting transactions in accordance with State laws, the City of Brownwood's Charter, and City Ordinances
- Assist department heads in controlling and monitoring their budget.
- To make City Council, and the BMDD Board of Directors more knowledgeable about financial budgetary reports in a timely and sufficient manner.
- To make the Finance department more effective and efficient maximizing daily productivity in the Utility and Accounting departments.
- Continue as an active and productive participant in the Fireman's Relief Fund board
- Maintain continuation of education hours pertaining to the Public Funds Investment Act
- Produce accurate and plausible reports to citizens, City Council, and the City Manager
- To keep up with all changes in the State Legislature, City Charter, and Ordinances